Crime Prevention is the anticipation of a crime risk and taking action to reduce it. In order for a crime to occur the criminal must have the ability, desire, and opportunity to commit the crime. There is very little you can do about the ability or desire of a criminal to commit a crime but we can work to eliminate the opportunity. Be aware of your surroundings and mindful of your personal safety and security. It only takes a moment for a dishonest person to seize an opportunity presented to them.
How You Can Help
- Be alert
- Get to know your neighbors
- Get to know the police officers in your area
- Be a good witness - write down suspect and vehicle descriptions
- Report suspicious activity - call 911
- Always be aware of where you are and who and what is around you